How to Make Solenoid Engine (Pictures and Video)
let's make a solenoid engine. You may have seen many videos of making solenoid engine online. There are hundreds of such videos on youtube. But this project is entirely different. We designed it in a way how automobile engines work. You can see many components similar to those in an internal combustion engine. You can see, pistons, connecting rod, crank, crankshaft, cylinder, cylinder head, flywheel etc. An IC engine works by the explosion of fuel inside the cylinder, whereas in solenoid engine the driving force is Electromagnetism.
[caption id="attachment_1033" align="aligncenter" width="502"] Make solenoid Engine[/caption]
A solenoid is a type of electromagnet when the purpose is to generate a controlled magnetic field. If the purpose of the solenoid is instead to impede changes in the electric current, a solenoid can be more specifically classified as an inductor rather than an electromagnet. In engineering, the term may also refer to a variety of transducer devices that convert energy into linear motion. The term is also often used to refer to a solenoid valve, which is an integrated device containing an electromechanical solenoid which actuates either a pneumatic or hydraulic valve, or a solenoid switch, which is a specific type of relay that internally uses an electromechanical solenoid to operate an electrical switch; for example, an automobile starter solenoid, or a linear solenoid, which is an electromechanical solenoid. Solenoid bolts, a type of electronic-mechanical locking mechanism, also exist.
How to Make a Solenoid Engine Video
Recommending to Read: Make Small wind turbine
Things needed to Make Solenoid Engine
- ACP sheet or fibre sheet - small pieces
- Fibre reeper pieces
- Fisher plugs
- Screws 1.5''-2nos, 3/4'' -4nos
- Magnet wire or insulated copper wire- 26 gauge- 30mtrs
- Syringe- 2nos
- copper wire or GI rod- Guage 12- 30 cm
- Copper wire- Guage 18- 30cm
- Cylindrical Magnets
- Wood wheel
Tools needed to Make Solenoid Engine
- Angle Grinder
- Drilling machine
- 6mm drill bit, 4mm drill bit
- Cigar lighter
How to Make Solenoid Engine
Recommending to Read: How to make vertical axis wind turbine
Step 1: Making of Solenoid Cylinder
- First of all Cut two Similar Pieces of ACP or fibre sheet.
- And mark Syringe dia on the sheet. Then Remove unwanted Part.
- Now cut 2'' length from a cylinder part of a syringe. Fix the Syringe piece on the sheet.
- Now is the time to wind the 26 gauge copper wire on the syringe piece.
- Wind magnet wire tightly. Minimum turns 60, maximum: as much as possible.
- The more you wind magnet wire, your engine will perform faster and powerful.
- Make necessary holes. Watch Video.
[gallery columns="4" size="medium" ids="1020,1022,1021,1023,1025,1019,1024"]
Step 2: Making of Piston
- The Piston has three parts. Piston head, connecting rod and crank.
- We used a Cylindrical magnet as piston head,
- fibre reeper-screw arrangement as the connecting rod,
- a small piece of reeper as the crank.
- Connecting rod plays an important role in transferring Power to Crankshaft easily.
- I have made this joint Flexible. Note it.
- Watch Video For more details
[gallery size="medium" ids="1029,1028,1030"]
Step 3: Making Crank Shaft
- Buy 12 gauge copper wire or GI rod from hardware shop
- Bend it as shown in the Figure
Step 4: Make and break arrangement
- Use 18 gauge copper wire to set the make and break arrangement.
- Watch video Once again to know, how to set it.
- Then Assemble each and every component carefully.
- Connect a flywheel to one end of the Crankshaft.
- Use an old laptop ac-dc adapter as Power supply.
- Connect Leads to the Slip contacts as shown in the video.
- That's all.
Keep in Mind
- Take care while using high-performance adhesive, connecting Adapter to the engine, while using Drill, Angle Grinder etc.
Your Solenoid Engine is Ready!
[gallery size="medium" ids="1026,1033,1032"]
Let's make Your own solenoid engine today. Now is the time to rate my project. Did you enjoy this project? If Yes Share it with your friends. Comment your doubts and opinions. Suggest me if any modifications. Thank you for reading How to make solenoid engine.